Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday

Tried making myself some Steel Cut oats for breakfast, didn't realize they would take so long to cook.
Had to stop cooking so I could take E to school.
Made myself a duplicate of yesterdays breakfast.
Nick took half.

Breakfast:
1/2 English muffin with 1/2 of a scrambled egg-2
Banana-2
Vitamin Water-0
=4

Lunch:
2Turkey Hot dogs-5
100cal Pringles-2
=7

Snack#1:
Lite Pringles-3
=3

Snack#2:
2ct Sara Lee Cheese cake Bites-1
=1

Dinner:
Chicken Fajita Tacos in corn tortillas-5
1/2c Fat free Ref. Beans-2
Tab of olive oil used to grill the veggies-1
=8

23 points so far, no run today....just felt blah.

5 comments:

  1. what are steel cut oats? is that oatmeal?
    happy earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha I was just about to ask what Steel Cut oats were but I see that Cookie Soup beat me to it!
    I usually just make some old fashion oats on the stovetop. Or sometimes I microwave them but they don't cook right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not 100% sure.
    I hear Steel Cut Oat are more Nutrient-dense but also more calorie dense.
    1/4 c of steel cut is 150cal 4g fat 4g fiber
    1/2c Oats is 150 cal 4g fat 4g fiber.
    I hear people who run and work out prefer Steel cut because its slower burning, I think I just made a liar out of myself with my info...should of looked it up again.
    I think I read about steel cut oats in my runners magazine now that I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked up Steel Cut oats and found this:http://quinncreative.wordpress.com/2008/03/20/steel-cut-oats-worth-the-time/

    There's some tricks on how to cook them and not waste your time waiting.

    I think I am going to give them a try when I run out of my old fashioned oats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you okay? Are your sinuses still killin' you? I am liking counting the points! Thank you for my slider! John is really getting into it too. He's way over, but I thinkit's fun for him too.

    ReplyDelete