Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday

This was my lunch for some reason blogspot won't let me post the pictures but on top of everything.

Anyway my open faced sandwhich on whole wheat and a yummy salad.
I tried to make the salad as pretty as Tonya's :)
You added craisins to the one you served me at your house a while back right?
I can't remember.
But I do remember it was a YUMMY salad.






Well after reading Jess's comment on GI diet I went to the library and found a book.
I realized even though I only eat small 100 calorie yummies, they still have sugar.
I am going to try and ween myself off of them. I won't deprive myself but try not to eat so many.
Another thing I would love to kick is soda.
Someone I know lost alot of weight thru diet and excercise, yet said they still looked round in the middle and bloated.
She told me she quit sodas and she didn't feel bloated anymore.
I wonder if that could be getting me too??
I LOVE diet soda, even if it is bad for me :(
Here's to trying.

Breakfast:
100 Calorie English Muffin w/ Scrambled Egg-3
cup of water-0
=3

Lunch:
Open faced grilled veggie sandwhich w/mini eggplant, onion, bellpepper and mushroom.
Tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper-3

Spinach salad-4
mushroom,tomatoe, craisins, dressing and feta (1/2 of this was sprinkled on my sandwhich)

Diet cherry coke zero-0
=7

I took a picture of my lovely lunch but it kept wanting to post on the top and not after my breakfast log-in :(
Haven't done much walking am totally drained...don't know why?
Plus my sinuses are bothering me big time today.

Snacks thru out day:
Cheetos Asteroids 100 cal-2
Fiber One bar-3
Water(16oz)-0
=5

Down 15 points

Dinner:
2 Reduced Fat Tostadas-2
1/2c Fat Free Beans-2
Reduced fat cheese-1
Shredded Ckn Fajita-3
Olives-0
Diet A&W-0
=8

Pre Dinner workout:
Only ran 2 miles, could barely finish them my sinuses were killing me SO bad.
Breathing in thru the nose out thru the mouth majorly dried out my sinuses and it hurt to swallow.
STUPID Sinuses!
Nightly snack:
Pringles-2
Grand Total 25 points




8 comments:

  1. I still eat sugar. If I want a zebra cake, I eat it. That's why I said I follow the GI Diet loosely. It still works. I did noticed a HUGE difference after I switched from enriched flour to whole wheat. HUGE! I won't give up some things though. I can't get use to the taste of whole wheat tortillas so I eat the flour ones...I just don't eat them as often anymore. I used to have one flour tortilla a day but I've cut that down to about 1 tortilla a week (although I just noticed that I haven't had one in a long time). Same thing with cake and pizza (whole wheat pizza is the worst). I just limit what I eat when it comes to anything with enriched flour. I'll eat pasta (made with enriched flour) but the GI diet okays that..as long as the pasta is Al Dente. But I prefer the whole wheat pasta because I love the texture. I just end up eating the enriched flour because that's what the boys eat.
    I love your breakfast...that's what I usually eat on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am sucj an idiot! When I originally read her blog about the GI diet, I read it as some kind of Gastro Intestinal diet. What a dork I am. Now I know GI stands for Glycemic Index! I had to google it. See that's what 10 years in the medical field will do to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya, I need to cut down on my sugar and sodas too. I've always been told that all your sugar goes straight to your midsection.

    I think, though, in moderation, it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I have no problem with wheat tortillas or wheat anything actually.
    Then again as a vegetarian I used to eat the oddest things so my taste buds are used to "different".
    But you should try the "Carb Balance wheat tortillas", I swear it's like eating flour ones, even my picky Nick eats them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is true when I first started dieting 3 or 4 weeks ago I quit sodas and my tummy felt so much better and the bloatedness went away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mushrooms and eggplant sound good i need to put that on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see your lunch pics...can you try again! Your meals are looking sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh Pretty! John said that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete