Thursday, April 2, 2009

True to its name.

True to this blogs name, right now I have shinsplints AND sore toes!
I ran my 4 miles yesterday and my goodness why did it hurt so bad??
I did the same run on Monday and I ran it like in 45 minutes this time it took me almost an hour.
Ugh, I need to snack on healthier snacks to help my poor aching body out.
Oh and I got 7 hours sleep, its not a full 8 but heck of alot better than what I usually get.

Breakfast:
Carb Balance Whole Wheat tortilla-1
Scrambled Egg-2
2TBSP Salsa-0
Diet Big Red-0
(I so needed the caffeine)
=3

Lunch:
Select Harvest Chicken Noodle soup-5
Diet A&W-0
=5

Dinner: (After school play date @ McDonald's)
Southwest Chicken Salad(no dressing)-6
Small Diet DP-0
1 Sugar cookie-4
=10

Late night snacks....oh the snacking!
100 cal Ritz snack mix-2
6 ct GV vanilla wafers-3
Diet A&W-0
1/2 Diet Big Red (shared with Nick)-0
=5

Grand Total 23 points under 3 points.

I'm a bit ashamed that I drank so much diet soda.
I try to drink more water, I SHOULD since I run, I need to hydrate with water not pop.
Hope to have a better water day.

6 comments:

  1. what was the website that you showed me where it tells you how much calories you should be eating reguarding the points? Wasn't it Ronnie something or other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronnies Weight Watchen, its a pretty cool site.
    She lost like tons of weight on Weight watchers. I love her site, its called like, from overweight to skinny to healthy or something like that.
    She posts pics up and she's like toned now...I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay liza, what are you doing for your shin splints?

    I looked it up, you are suppose to rest them, apply ice in the beginning, stretch those muscles, wear shock asorbing shoe insoles, and lastly apply heat and use a heat retainer or shin and calf support after the initial acute stage and particularly before training.

    Girl, take care of those shins and toes. :)

    So, how many calories is 23 points?

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay....is this blog sending me some kind of subliminal message or something???? My verification word to get the zboved posted was

    PORKNESS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Porkness??Oh you gave me a much needed laugh! For my shinsplints I have been doing alot of toe stretches and ice packs. I think I need new running shoes, actually I'm positive. I bought these in September but use them daily! I also think I need a better balance of foods for muscle recovery. But will look into shin and calf support or a heat retainer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the point system. I'm going to check out the website and see if I can do something like that. Of course, I am too lazy to remember points so I just might keep track of what I eat without the points. We'll see...
    Can't wait to start my blog!!

    ReplyDelete