Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday

Is it really Thursday already?
My oh my how time flies.

I decided to wait until this weekend to master the art of cooking my steelcut oats.
So I basically copied Jess' breakfast.
Jess, if it wasn't for the craisins in the oatmeal...I would of barfed.
I took 1/4 of water, 1/4c skim milk, dash of cinnamon and dash of vanilla in a sauce pan and let it hit a soft boil before adding my 1/4 c oats.
When done I added my craisins and 1/2 TBSP of Promise.
I think I can get used to the sugarless taste.
Wait... I WILL get used to the sugarless taste, trying to be more positive.

Breakfast:
1/4 Oats w/ craisins-2
Whole wheat toast w/promise
and strawberry presserve-1
Glass of water-0
=3

Lunch:
PB&J sammy on whole wheat-4
100 cal cheetos asteroids-2
Diet A&W-0
=6

Snack:
100cal cookie pkt-2
Water-0
=2

Snack:
2 Sara Lee Cheesecake BITES-1
I licked the spoon after making a cake
charging myself a point-1
=2

Hoping Nick doesn't get home too terribly late...want to go for a run.

Dinner:
Skillet Meal of Chicken Lo Mein 1c-3
(Can you believe it only 3 points!)
100 cal cupcake for dessert-1
Sugar Free Lemonade-0
=4

nightly snack:
100cal Pringles-2
=2

Ran 2.0 miles on Treadmill ran other 2.0 at night when Nick got home.
I felt AWESOME!
Didn't realize how running my miles outside was so envigorating...such a "Me Time".
No rug rats running in saying "he hit me", "He said this or that".
Just me and the cool air.
Plus my sinuses didn't bother me much.

Total points 19.

8 comments:

  1. Liza, your funny. Oatmeal is so gross to me. Piper LOVES it too....I don't like making it for her, but I do! John had craisins in his grapenuts today. they make everything better!
    Have you tried the orange cranberry ones? they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey is Nicky doing anything like counting points with your or calories or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't like Oats???? I love them but I do remember a time when I wasn't too much of a fan either. The taste grew on me and now I have to eat them every weekday morning. today I skipped them (to eat Jesse's eggs and steak) and I regret it so much. The eggs and steak were too spicy for me and I wasn't satisfied. OATS always satisfy me and I feel full till lunch time. Did you mix in some no calorie sweetener in them? I use Altern (the cheap version of Splenda). It took awhile to get used to the taste of fake sugar but it grew on me and now I can't go back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No I LOVE Oatmeal...but I love it "Ala Mexicana". You know with real cinnamon sticks boiled in water and canned evaporated milk,real butter, and SUGAR.
    Then if too thick a dab of fresh milk mmmmmmm....Mexican Oatmeal.
    Nope didn't add any sweetner.
    Considered honey for a second.
    I try to stay close to Natural sweetners. I only allow myself Aspartme only in Diet cokes, wish I didn't but I do :(
    But am considering concoting myself up a puree of fruit and mixing it in maybe that will sweeten it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonya I am glad you didnt ask if I was counting points or calories for David cause I would of had to fall down laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liza, I am so impressed. I could not ever eat oatmeal without the sugar (fake sugar). I love your idea about blending some fruit up and mixing it in your oats. I'll have to try that next time I buy some more fruit...mmmmm maybe add some strawberries or blueberries.
    I am going to follow your lead and limit my fake sugar intake. I could never quit it because I need some sweetness in my oats but if it works out with the fruit I'll switch over to pureed fruit instead of no calorie sweetener. And I am going back to my weekened only diet soda...after I finish the Dr. Pepper I bought the other day!

    ReplyDelete