Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 3

I can't believe how horrible my muscles feel, I feel worse today than I did yesterday. I almost feel sick. I think I will sit out the work out again today...maybe a brisk walk on the tread mill

Had a quick lazy breakfast.

Carnation Instant breakfast 220 calories 4 points

Lunch:

Chicken Soba 380 Calories, 8 points
(Don't have much of a selection and I needed something quick!)

Dinner:

Southwestern Shrimp and Black bean chili:

I got this recipe from a cook book called Trim & Terrific.
I'll write the recipe as the book had it but whats in parenthesis is what I actually used.

1 grn bell pepper,chopped (2 TBSP)
1 red bell pepper, chopped (2 TBSP)
1 lrg onion, chopped (3 TBSP)
1 cup shredded carrot (1/2 c)
I TBSP finely shredded jalapeno (omitted)
1/2 tsp minced garlic (used powdered to taste)
1 TBSP chili powder ( used to taste)
1 1/2 tsp cumin (used to taste)
1 14 1/2 oz can chopped tomatoes, w/juice (only had stewed tomatoes)
1 16 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c water (used 1 cup)
1 lb med. shrimp, peeled (used 1 c frozen)
1 -10oz package of frozen corn (didn't have any on hand)
(One reason I changed what I used is to make it just for me....my guys won't touch this stuff)

Coat pan with nonstick spray and saute green and red peppers, onion, carrot, jalapeno and garlic until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
Stir in the chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, black beans, water, and shrimp: bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink. Add corn and continue to cook for 5 minutes longer.



Even with my twist due to not having all ingredients on hand it came out pretty good.
I think I will make this again...I think it needed a little something.




1 cup serving 205 calories, 3 points
8 butter crackers 140 calories ,3 points = 345 calories, 6 points
Diet Coke-0

Late night snack:
Graham crackers 130 calories, 3 points

Total calories 1,075 and 21 points

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea those ramen noodles had that many calories! wowsers!

    hope those muscles are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liza that looks so good. You should have waited so we could have eaten it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I thought that after I made it, I think your one of the only people I know who likes shrimp!

    ReplyDelete