Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 1

This morning I woke up ready to get into my new eating habits.
First up was actually eating breakfast.
I honestly can't remember eating breakfast in quite a while. I do but we eat it as a brunch or lunch.

This morning I experimented. I had 3 egg whites left over from some eggs that I separated last night. So I thought I will make me a egg white omelet.

2 TBS Chopped tomato
2TBS Chopped Onion
3TBS chopped thawed out broccoli
3 egg whites
salt and pepper to taste

Total calories....203 Points 4

I just sauteed the veggies in olive oil, added a pinch of salt and pepper threw in the egg whites and it was done.
It was good but I felt like it was missing something.









Maybe it was missing some cheese. I think next time I will try it with a little bit of Gouda.

I also drank a glass of water with my breakfast.

Lunch I am unsure, I am going to a play date at McDonald's, I'm a strong girl I can over come the temptation.


LUNCH:

Spinach Enchiladas.



Well I had me a rather late lunch.
I used some of the left over spinach to make myself some spinach enchiladas.
If any of you gals enjoy spinach this is how I made them (these are single serving ingredients) and I made up as I went along.


2TBS onion
2TBS chopped tomato
1/2c spinach..packed (frozen kind)
2 TBS pureed Chile Ancho
1/2 c water
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
2 corn tortillas
1 mozzarella cheese stick

I just sauteed the onion and tomato in Olive oil, then added the spinach and 2 TBS of chile puree along with the 1/2 cup of water, cumin and garlic powder.
I allowed this to simmer so the spinach could take in the yummy seasonings.

Next I warmed up my two corn tortillas in the microwave until soft.
Took the spinach mixture and filled and rolled my tortillas. I left a bit of mixture to top my enchiladas.
Then I grated my cheese stick and topped my enchiladas and popped them in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melted. ****cheese stick mozzarella does not melt too well...but thats all I had***Also if you don't have chile ancho paste or have no idea what it is use chile powder...I swear by chile powder!*****

I had this with a Diet Cherry coke Zero. Will post the calories and points later this evening.

Total Enchiladas calories 196.5 points 3
Diet Coke-0

Cup of water-0

Dinner:

Chicken noodle soup Calories 120, points 3
Diet coke- 0

Yogurt Parfait 160 calories, 3 points


Total Calories 679.5 , 13 points

Worked out to my EA Sports Active Personal Trainer on the Wii.
Worked out for 22:06 minutes
Burned 123.5 calories

These work out programs always had me skeptical. But I got one from John and Debbie for Christmas (Thank you John and Debbie!).
I always thought to myself....give me a good pair of running shoes and fresh air anyday..NOW thats how you lose weight.
Well I eat all my words and thoughts because this program kicked my booty!!!!
I was huffing, puffing and almost swearing at the television. And walked funny all the way to the computer to log my info!
Note if you decide to buy this program....In line skating is a BEEEEEEEPPPPP!!!

5 comments:

  1. Are your kids out of school today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! AND You can do it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast sounds delicious. I need a little cheese with my eggs though! I am so proud of you for drinking water. I need to start drinking more. I haven't had any all day except for the water I used to make tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM LIZA! That sounds almost as good as my spinach qesadillas from last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that spinach enchilada looks yummy! And your pictures are amazing! Looks like you're doing awesome. I really need to write this recipe down. It sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete