Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday 9-15-10

Breakfast is the hardest meal for me. Honestly I wish I could do with out it. It's early, I have little ones to feed, lunches to make, two little heads of hair to tame. So stuffing something in my mouth is really that last thing I want to do.
BUT! yes there is a BUT.
If I don't eat breakfast I notice I'm prone to over eat, get super snacky and have two lunches!

So I pulled out my blender and decided HEY! I used to live off protein drinks in college and I felt fulfilled maybe I can do that every so often now.

This one came out pretty yummy and I had breakfast WHILE I folded laundry....talk about multitasking!
(Excuse my sad looking strawberry, had to use it before it goes bad.)



For this breakfast goody I used Soy Juice Plus which I've had a in my pantry a little too long! But it hasn't expired so that's a good thing.
1 Scoop Juice Plus, vanilla flavor
1 c soy milk
1c crushed ice
1 banana
Tiny touch of vanilla

Blend, blend, BLEND!
This was a yummy little drink but I think I could tweak it a bit more.
Next I wonder what I should try?  Orange julius? Hmmmmmm.

Lunch:
Wonderfully FREE!
Nick and I got coupons for a free Rooty Tooy Fresh and Fruity meal from IHOP.
Since they were about to expire we HAD to use them!
This is my first meal where I've eaten any animal in over a month!
1 egg
1/2 hashbrown
1 pancake (scraped off fruit and topping) no syrup
2 slices of turkey bacon
water
I ate to fell good didn't feel overly stuffed and I didn't deprive myself. Now don't get me wrong I wanted to scarf all those strawberries, whipped topping, gobble down some fried eggs and top it off w/ a coke.
But I didn't and this meal was OH SO GOOD! Better than ever...maybe because it was free!
I want to see if I can mostly stick to a veggie life style w/ an occasional indulgence.
I read so many blogs of women who eat healthy and allow EVERYTHING in their diet, but in moderation. Even an occasional indulgence.
Though I don't think I'll do EVERYTHING, I haven't eaten red meat or pork since 97 and I'm not starting now!

Dinner:
Lovely leftovers.
Khobe bread filled w/ beans, mashed avocado, lettuce and tomato.
Spanish rice
Diet soda
Water

Ran 2 miles w/ Nie







2 comments:

  1. Girl there is nothing wrong with an occasional indulgence. I have mine too and still have lost weight. :) I LOVE IHOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO and register for their Pancake Revolution. You'll get a free Rooty tooty coupon emailed to you!

    ReplyDelete