Monday, June 7, 2010

Lazy gene????

Well I rested my leg on Friday, Well....I still have to walk Nina twice daily so is that really resting my leg?? But Nina being Nina (tad lazy)we strolled for our walk.
Saturday we were in the O.C and well they have more dips and ups than one can imagine. I ran only 3 miles and came home dead!! It's a seriously inclined kind of running route...yikes!
Sunday I got some more exercise in when we went on a long, hot and humid family walk around Nick's old elementary school. It was only 9 am and we were dying...like the boys and Nina I felt whiny..I'd rather run, at least while running I'm making my own breeze.
Nina kept trying to get on the right of Nick tripping him several times (we trained her to walk on our left), we soon realized she was trying to walk in the shade!
Once Nick stopped to point out something to the boys about the school, Nie took full advantage..she plopped on the cool shaded grass and panted.
Aren't Catahoulas working dogs????
This week I kick my running into high gear. I hope to hit 6 miles but will be happy with a consistent 4.
Wish me luck people, I have a few runs to train for.

I'm also trying to eat better so wish me luck on that too!

Breakfast:

1/2 c shredded raw has hashbrowns
a few chunks cut up raw onion
1 cage free egg
1/4 c salsa
Cooking olive oil spray.

Sprayed pan with cooking spray, sauteed onion and tossed in hashbrowns. Cooked until golden brown, a bit more spray, tossed in egg, cooked til done tossed in salsa until blended and warm.
Served with a bit of salt and pepper.

YUM!

What shall I make for lunch????

Lunch:
Bean/cheese burritos in corn tortillas
Diet soda

Snack:
Flavored water
Special K Strawberry Crisps

Dinner:
Turkey Stir Fry
Made w/ 99% fat free turkey breast, bag of stir fry veggies, Stir fry sauce packet, 1/4 cup fresh cut onion, cooking spray.
I topped the stir fry over whole grain brown & wild rice....VERY yummy!
Sugar free fruit punch.

Ran 4.0 miles!! YAY!!! And drank a gallon of water afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. yay!!! i am so happy for us!
    i'm so excited you and john are doing that muddy buddy run too! maybe nick and i can join you guys next year!

    btw, your hashbrowns sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about Muddy Buddy too! You and Nick should join us next year! I already told Nick I'd love for him to do a run. But no pressure he'll do it when he's ready.

    ReplyDelete